- We will be setting up a cardano staking pool utilizing amazon web services.
- To get up to date on what a staking pool is I suggest getting up to speed by reading this short read from Cardano’s official website: https://cardano.org/stake-pool-operation/
- I followed this tutorial to setup my Cardano Staking Pool https://cardano-foundation.gitbook.io/stake-pool-course/stake-pool-guide/getting-started/install-node
4. However the tutorial above does not describe the steps you need to take when setting up the AWS instance so I will explain that here. After you have set up your AWS instance you can refer back the link in step 3 in order to continue setting up the cardano staking pool.
6. After signing up you will need to create and EC2 Instance.
Click on where it says launch a virtual machine .
7. Once you click onto launch a virtual machine choose an instance.
8. After choosing which type of ec2 instance you want to use I recommend using the t2.medium instance as this is the instance i used for this tutorial.
9. Next step is to add more storage to the instance in order for it to work properly I chose at least 30gb of storage.
10. Complete steps to setting up the instance and launch it.
11. Navigate to the instance you launched in your Amazon Web Services account.